Tatsuya is a big-shot chef travelling Japan in search of inspiration from local joints to create new menu items. Tatsuya is pretty lame and his training is pretty tedious, but it’s also super simple and incredibly useful so I recommend 150% doing it. Just…don’t mind wondering what he’s talking about; nobody cares about Tatsuya.
- Meetings With Tatsuya
- Restaurant Locations
- Gourmet Levels
MEETINGS WITH TATSUYA:
Kiryu: From the middle of Part 1: Ch. 2. He hangs out around Ousebachi (逢瀬橋).
Saejima: In Part 2: Ch. 3 after you the first event you have at your hideout. He’ll be outside in front of the hideout.
Haruka: Part 3: Ch. 1, After you do the Soutenhori LOVE Check Quiz Beginner Level (蒼天堀LOVEチェッククイズ 初級), he’ll be chillin in front of Haruka’s apartment (CREEPER) so go talk to him. He’ll then be hanging out at Bishamonbashi (毘沙門橋).
Akiyama: In Part 3: Ch. 4, after you finish the event inside BAR Cresto as part of the story, he’ll be outside after you leave. Talk to him and he’ll be hanging out at the bridge again.
Shinada: During Part 4: Ch. 1, after the event at Ushijima’s restaurant (again, part of the story. Shinada goes in, tries to bum food and gets rejected), Tatsuya will be in front of where Shinada’s house is. Dude just knows where everyone lives I guess. Talk to him and he’ll be at Honjinchou Street (?) (本陣町通) in front of the izakaya (居酒屋).
- There are three restaurants to show Tatsuya for each character. This makes 6 in total for Osaka due to the Haruka/Akiyama split.
- When you go to a restaurant that you can introduce to Tatsuya, a message will appear before entering: “This looks like a place I can show Tatsuya” (ここはタツヤに紹介できそうだな). So basically just go to every restaurant until you get that message.
- For Kiryu, you have to talk to Tatsuya at the bridge before the messages will appear. He introduces you to his request.
- When you enter the restaurant after seeing the message, you don’t need to order. Just leave if you want.
- After you see the message and leave the restaurant you can talk to Tatsuya and the restaurant will appear in a list after you choose “Show him” (紹介する). You don’t have to do them one at a time; it’s best to find all 3 restaurants at once then just introduce them one after the other.
- After you introduce the restaurants he will add a new menu item to one of the restaurants in each town. When you head to where it is for each character, you see an event of him introducing the new dish. See everyone’s event and the Gourmet Training is completed. NOTE: Tatsuya introduces his new dish in Tokyo for Akiyama, not Osaka.
- Hakatasou (博多荘)
- Hangouzousui Yama (はんごう雑炊 山)
- Westo (ウエスト)
- Matsuo Jingisukan (松尾ジンギスカン)
- Curry Shop S (カレーショップ エス)
- Miyoshino (みよしの)
- Tsuruhashifuugetsu? (鶴橋風月)
- Kushikatsu Daruma (串かつ だるま)
- Magtako (まぐたこ)
- Dzuboraya (づぼらや)
- Kamiajian (神味庵)
- Kanidouraku (かに道楽)
- Sekai no Yamachan/The World’s Yamachan (世界の山ちゃん)
- Daruma (だるま)
- Kaburaya (かぶらや)
Nagasugai (Kiryu): After introducing three restaurants, Tatsuya will add a new menu item to somewhere in town. If you go to Nagasugai Street South (永洲川通り南), in front of the food stands (where you can do the mini-game) the event will occur and Tatsuya introduces a new original menu item.
Tsukimino (Taiga): After introducing three restaurants, Tatsuya will add a new menu item to somewhere in town. If you go to Chuuoueki Street North (中央駅通北)’s Café Alps (喫茶アルプス) the event will occur and Tatsuya introduces a new original menu item.
Soutenhori (Haruka): After introducing three restaurants, Tatsuya will add a new menu item to somewhere in town. If you go to MONTBLANC COFFEE at文左衛門筋, the event will occur and Tatsuya introduces a new original menu item.
Nishikisakaemachi (Tetsuo): After introducing three restaurants, Tatsuya will add a new menu item to somewhere in town. If you go to the Café Alps on Honjinchou Street East (本陣町通東) the event will occur and Tatsuya introduces a new original menu item.
Kamurochou (Akiyama): After introducing three restaurants, Tatsuya will add a new menu item to somewhere in town. If you go to Shichifuku Street East (七福通り東)’s Kanrai (韓来) the event will occur and Tatsuya introduces a new original menu item. Note that while you can introduce all menu items to Tatsuya in Part 3 as Akiyama, you won’t be able to view this event until the Final Part when you’re in Kamurochou.
Gourmet Beginner (one restaurant introduced): Health Bar can be doubled with eating (yellow health bar) and can boost the Power, Concentration, and Fighting Spirit parameters one level.
Gourmet Master (two restaurants introduced): Can boost the Power, Concentration, and Fighting Spirit parameters two levels.
Gourmet King (three restaurants introduced): The speed at which the second parameter level wears off is reduced.
Eating food can bring up your HP bar past the normal orange gauge into a yellow gauge (like some bosses and enemies have). Different food items bring up one of three parameters, seen under the health bar.
Health (体力): Health can be brought up to two bars, with the second bar being yellow. Taking damage will of course decrease. Also, if enough time passes, it will go down automatically.
Power (腕力): The attack power of bare handed attacks increases. For Haruka, her points in Dance Battles increases.
Concentration (集中): The Heat Gauge won’t fall passed a certain point.
Fighting Spirit (闘志): The damage from Heat Actions increases. For Haruka, her Heat Gauge accumulates more easily.
The three parameters can be accumulated by eating different foods, but if the second life bar is lost then it will be reset.